Water & Wastewater Job Opportunities
Work with your hands, your head and your heart.
“It has been estimated that almost 50% of today’s water and wastewater operators will retire within the next five to seven years. They’ll need to be replaced.” – The American Water Works Association
If you would like to have your operator job opportunities posted on the Utility Operator Certification Program (UOCP) webpage, please submit the job announcement(s) to Eric Hall via email at email@example.com. Please provide your job announcement in a PDF format, include expiration or closing dates on the announcement. The following information below is required:
- Name of the water or wastewater system.
- City and/or county served.
- PWS ID, DP or NPDES permit number of the facility.
- Certification level of operator sought, as required by the Department.
- What type of system treatment does your system have? (IE., Water: Groundwater or Surface Water; Chlorine disinfection; Coagulation/Filtration/Sedimentation; etc.) (WW: lagoon(s), Activated Sludge, Trickling Filter, Phosphorous/Nitrogen Removal, etc.)
- Describe the operator’s duties and responsibilities (be specific).
- State a salary range (optional).
- Employee benefits offered (paid annual leave or sick leave, health insurance, 401K, etc.)
- Contact information (phone number and/or email address) of person responsible for hiring and to whom the operator should submit a resume or job application. If job application is required, include URL link directly to the form.
- Website URL of your water system.
- Closing or expiration date.
- Save announcement as PDF formatted document with a revised date noted on the footer of the document.
- The job announcement will remain posted for 6 months from the revised date noted on the Pdf document and date received. If your job is not filled within 6 months, you will need to resubmit the job ad to be reposted.
Questions regarding your water and/or wastewater job announcement, please contact Eric Hall at (505) 670-7418.