NM OSHA Enforcement Information
Enforcement General Information
Enforcement of compliance is accomplished by work-site inspection and evaluation of safety and health programs. A citation may be issued for the violation of a standard and an employee exposed to safety and health hazards.
There are five primary reasons for conducting onsite compliance inspections:
- A complaint filed by an employee or their representative regarding safety or health hazards in the workplace.
- A referral filed by another governmental agency or member of the public regarding observed safety or health hazards.
- A randomly chosen inspection in an industry that is considered “high hazard”.
- An investigation of a fatality.
- An investigation of a catastrophic accident where three or more employees have been hospitalized.
- An investigation of an accident.
The following links have further information on the compliance section and what it offers for employers and employees.
New Mexico Occupational Health and Safety Bureau
525 Camino de los Marquez St., Suite 3
P.O. Box 5469
Santa Fe, NM 87502
Program Manager, Compliance Section
E-mail Address: Gregory.Marquez@state.nm.us
For general information, please contact:
Phone numbers: (505) 476-8700 or (877) 610-6742
Fax No. (505) 476-8734
Working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM MT. After regular hours, it is possible to leave a message and a Compliance Officer will respond within the next few business days.