WQCC The Copper Rule
WQCC Matter 12-01(R)
In the Matter of: PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO 20.6.2 NMAC – WQCC 12-01 (R), the Copper Rule.
PETITION TO ADOPT 20.6.7 AND 20.6.8 NMAC AND REQUEST FOR HEARING
- Andrew Knight and Kathryn Becker – New Mexico Environment Department / Office of the General Counsel;
- Dal Moellenberg and TJ Trujillo – Gallagher & Kennedy;
- Bruce Fredrick and Jonathan Block – New Mexico Environmental Law Center;
- Tannis L. Fox – Office of the New Mexico Attorney General;
- William Olson;
- Louis W. Rose – Montgomery and Andrews, P.A.;
- Tracy Hughes – High Desert Energy + Environment Law LLC; and
- John Indall – Comeau, Maldegen, Templemen and Indall LLP.
The Commission adopted NMED’s final rulemaking proposal and Statement of Reasons on September 25, 2013. Their Order and Statement of Reasons is available online in three parts:
William C. Olson
Written statements and other documents submitted during the hearing include public comment from Tammy Arguello, Jens Deichmann, Frank Drysdale, Joe Hempfling, League of Women Voters, Marcy Leavitt, Douglas C. Littlejohn, Sean Ormand, Nick Pedraza with letters urging remand, Rio Grande Chapter of the Sierra Club, Allyson Siwik with document, Janet Wallet-Ortiz, Max Yeh with addendum, and a Petition urging remand of the rule.
Written public comment sent to the Commission Administrator includes letters received April 1, April 2, April 3, April 5, April 8, April 9, April 10, April 11, April 13, April 14, April 15, April 16, April 19, April 22, April 23, April 24, April 25, April 26, April 28, April 29, April 30 (part 1, part 2), May 1, May 2 and May 3.
Written public comment sent to the Commission Administrator also includes letters from Sierra Club members dated April 26 (part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5, part 6, part 7), April 27 (part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4), April 28 (part 1, part 2), April 29, April 30, May 1, May 2 and May 3.
Written public comment was also submitted during 2012 as part of the rule development process, and verbal comment was accepted in Albuquerque and Silver City in September 2012. A disc with audio-recording is available from the Administrator. No transcript was made.